Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Creditwrench RSS FeedJ-accuse  RSS FeedCornforth Strategies RSS FeedMagna Carta News RSS FeedBill Bauer's Blog RSS Feed



Here is something new and very interesting. It is called GOOGLE CALENDAR. And here is what it looks like.



I'm informing the Cornforth strategies group about this new gadget because it will show up every time there is a J-accuse meeting chaired by Richard Cornforth himself every 1st and 3rd Thursday. The meetings start at 7:00 P.M. and are held at the Denny's Restaurant which is located on the I-240 Service road just east of South Pennsylvania Avenue.

I'll be adding a map that you can use to get driving directions to the meetings as well as some other goodies. You can get notifications every meeting night by subscribing to the calendar and I think you can get them on your cellphone as well.

You can right click on the image and drag it to your desktop so you will be reminded of the meeting nights. I wish there were some way to bring the meetings live to you but I have not figured out how to do that yet because there is no internet access available at Denny's and there are no wifi hotspots available that I know of.

Starbucks might be close enough to get in on their system but the problem is that I would have to use my cellphone to access it and if I can't hit Starbucks from Denny's then I would have to use my cellphone as a modem and I don't think a cellphone has enough bandwidth to carry good audio. I'll have to experiment with it some more to figure out how to broadcast our meetings on the internet. I'm sure it can be done but I just have to learn how to do it without broadband access. If there were broadband access it would be no problem.

These Google calendars are pretty neat since they are also searchable and anyone searching for Richard should get the calendar. I'll have to try that and see what happens in a day or two so as to give Google time to start circulating it.

Anyone can do this and have their own calendars as long as they have a blog or a wiki or a website. I'll be adding this Calendar to as many places as I can just as soon as I can get a better grasp on how it will circulate and show up in searches.

Google is adding lots and lots of very cool new goodies to their line. They just bought UTUBE which is a video sharing company for 1.6 billion and that should tell us all just how important video is getting to be on the internet. I have produced several videos and plan on producing quite a few more as time goes on.

Videos can be produce from a series of digital photographs or from powerpoint presentations as well as by camcorder. So now you can use a digital camera, take lots and lots of pictures of your family gathering, birthday parties or other events you might attend and turn them into a movie that can be uploaded to utube, flikr and many other places. They can be public or they can be kept private.

The only real problem with that is that the movies must be short, usually less than 10 or 15 minutes or it takes a horrible amount of time and storage space. I'm sure that will change in time as they figure out how to compress video a lot more than they have been able to do so far and maintain good picture quality.